Sametime 18 August 2013
Working with a client last week, they had reported an issue getting a policy setting from Sametime to apply properly. The Chat History setting wasn't getting set as expected.
Looking at the issue, we determined that the policy file - policies.user.xml - wasn't getting updated. In fact, it had been a few days since it was updated. Looking at the trace output on the community server, everything looked OK. We could see the policy that was updated on the SSC getting read by the community server, and even see that the setting was what the client wanted. The XML wasn't getting updated.
Looking at it later in the week, I noticed a meeting policy had a date in it and that date coincided with the last date the policy XML file was updated. The date had a slash in it and I thought that was odd. Checking the documentation, it isn't listed as a prohibited characted, but I changed how the date was entered and waited to see if the policy XML file was updated. Lo and behold it was. Checking with a couple of users, they reported that the policy that was set incorrectly was now showing up as expected.
- Do NOT use anything but alphanumerics in the policy name. Stay away from special characters.
- Don't use dates in the policy name.
Coming this week - SPNEGO. Fun times ahead!