Domino 28 July, 2007
Yesterday on Tom's blog, he posted a comment regarding Domino SMTP servers and a problem with a certain spam messages going around. I confirmed that we had experienced this issue and had said I'd post here last night....well how about the next day.
Anyway, we started seeing the issue on Thursday evening - as I'm trying to leave - and started monitoring the issue. A few crashes later, and after checking the Server Diagnotic Reports, noticed that the Fault Analyzer had found similarities in the crashes. Looking them up, we found a technote that said the issue was fixed in 7.0.2 FP2....but that's what the servers are running. Great, I open a PMR and add a sample NSD file and made a couple changes to at least help speed up server recovery over night. Things went fine 'til about 4am when one server didn't come back up and so I got to baby sit it for an hour cleaning up some other databases. Anyway, the support tech in the morning indicated that there were "a few users" with this issue and development was looking at the issue. He advised, as Tom mentions, the domain seems to be the same and the subject line, though in my NSDs, green is misspelled. So we setup our external appliances to block message containing "grean tea" and "oprah" . Once that was done, things went well, except for a crash in the update task because someone had created an FTI in a quarantine database and a corrupt message was causing the crash. After deleting the FTI, we haven't had any issues since.
Now we wait for the fix.
UPDATE: I received a fix from IBM earlier today. The technote indicates the fix is being worked on, so contact support for more info and to request the fix.