Started a Connections 5.5 deployment for a customer last week. Things are going well, but when we got to the database Wizard, the wizard wan't cooperating. We couldn't choose the DB2 instance - which normally auto-populated anyway. We basically could bounce back between the Create/Update/Delete menu and the Database type and couldn't move forward.

We were able to create databases manually, but with other deployments coming up we wanted to make sure it was working.

After looking around the systems, I noticed some memory errors and discovered that the 32-bit version of DB2 was installed. Upgrading the version to 64-bit version resolved the dbWizard issue.

Just to be safe - and since we had only populated some test users - we dropped the original databases and created a new set using the Wizard.  

Moving on!

Donate to support Cystic Fibrosis research for a cure

comments powered by Disqus